Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Reflections




Christmas 2010
Christmas at Home
 Because I’m a month behind in writing the blog, it might look as though I am mourning the Mitt Romney loss but that is not the cause.  We have been very busy this past month with activities that were not exciting enough to write about until now.  We finished our work with the Stake Nativity Festival this past week and that means that Norma can take a little break.  During her break she can work frantically to get ready for Christmas.


This will be our Christmas blog.  Many of you will be reading it as a result of our invitation in the Christmas letter to visit the blog.  We hope you enjoyed the letter, and now we invite you to enjoy our Christmas reminiscing in photos, together with the photos of our activities during the past six months. 
The Nativity

Christmas has several ingredients, which unite together to wrap up the Spirit.  I think these ingredients are; the story, music, images, light, gifts, food, friends and family.
For me, the story of Christmas begins with Third Nephi, chapter one:
 
 12 “And it came to pass that he cried mightily unto the Lord all that day; and behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, saying:  13 “Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.  14 “Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfill all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the will, both of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.”  We read the rest of the story in St. Luke.
I hope you enjoy the photo gallery of Christmas images of the past few years.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year
A White Christmas
The Family Tree
Can You Hear The Music?
Christmas In The Air
Milwaukie Stake Nativity Festival
Nativity Festival 2012
Frederiksberg Ice Rink
Christmas At Nyhavn
Christmas On The Walking Street
A Little Window Dressing
Jul In The Ancestoral Church
Kajerødgaard In The Winter
The Country Church As A Beacon
Christmas In The Cottage
Snow On The Boats Of Nyhavn
A Tree With Living Lights
Roast Duck With Trimmings
This Christmas Dessert Is A Must
Another Holiday Dessert
Christmas At Tivoli Gardens
Tivoli Gardens
The Christmas Cottage
Winter Reflections
 Gary and Norma
















































1 comment:

  1. The Nativity was such a great success. A friend of mine posted on a board I'm on about this fabulous collection of Nativities that her family went to see. She went on & on & in great detail explained the beauty & the peace & the Spirit that they felt there. I was very happy to be able to say that my sweet mother put it together.
    She asked me to pass on her deep heartfelt thanks for all the hard work it must have been, & to let you know it was her favorite part of this years festivities.
    Merry Christmas,
    Lissy

    ReplyDelete