Sunday, September 16, 2012

Help Isn't So Hard To Find

The Hedge

The Hedge
There was a possibility the mission call would arrive in the mail this week (Thursday or Friday), but it didn’t.  We really didn’t think it would come so soon, so we were not really expecting it.  Maybe next Thursday.

Norma is suffering from her chronic foot problem again.  This time it is more painful than the other times.  She is seeing a couple of doctors, and between them she is wrapped up so tightly she can’t find any shoes to wear.  She is getting around in a pair of throwaway shoes with the back cut open.  She got a glimmer of light about a possible cure today and is hopeful it will
“do the job”.  We’ll keep you posted.
The Movie Samsara

Bill Self treated us to the movie “Samsara” this week.  It is the sequel to the movie “Baraka”.  They both deal with images of beautiful and strange people, events and places around the world.  The images and music were both inspiring and thought provoking.  We had “travel” on our mind as we watched.  Speaking of “travel”, Bill is leaving this week for a business trip to Kenya and Saudi Arabia.

We attended our first water polo game this week.  Quentin is on the Jr. Varsity team and we were invited to watch his game.  His team won by a large margin.
Quentin at the Goal

I have mentioned my hedge cutting activities the past few weeks; well, I finally received some help.  Case spent the night with us on Wednesday and offered to help me cut the hedge on Thursday.  He was surprisingly helpful in cutting leaves from the branches if I held them out for him.  It was hard to believe those little two-and-a-half year old hands could even close the pruning shears.  I said, “Case, you are very good at this work”, and he said, “Yes, I am very good at this work”.  After lunch I asked if he wanted to go play or work on the hedge.  He said he wanted to work on the hedge.  On the way out he said, “This makes me very happy grandpa”.  Dakota and Emerson came yesterday and helped also.  
My Little Helper

Bye for now,

Norma and Gary







1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the new plans for mom's foot work. Until then we should get her a walking cast.
    Water Polo is such a great sport & really a good work out. Good job to Quentin for making the team.
    I love all the helpers you found for the hedge… even if progress was slow, it was heartwarming & fun.
    Love you,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete