Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Continuing Our Walk Around Portland

"Portlandia" on the Portland Building
Part of the Portland Skyline

I’m running late again.  This is the August fifth blog but since we needed to drive to Seattle and board a ship I didn’t take the time to write the blog.

We spent the week getting the last of our medical and dental appointments behind us and sending the Missionary Recommendation Forms to the Bishop.  He can’t do anything until the doctors and the dentist send their portion of the forms to him.

I started cutting back the long hedge in front of the four-plex.  I think it will be easier than the one I just finished.  It has less low-hanging branches that have rooted themselves to the ground.  It’s a lot of work, but will save a lot of time and work in trimming when it grows back.
Part of the Portland Skyline

We are starting the first of our mini vacations this week.  Bo, Teresa and Quentin drove with us to Seattle where we all boarded the ship to Alaska.  We arrive home on the twelfth of August, just in time to make quick arrangements to go with Kitta, Peter and Case to Black butte Ranch on the thirteenth of August.

We look forward to giving you an account of our trip with some nice photos of the beautiful Alaska Inner Passage.
The Portland Building

Bye for now,
Part of the Portland Skyline

Norma and Gary


1 comment:

  1. That hedge is huge. You really gave yourself a big project with that.
    Have a wonderful time on the cruise. That sounds like so much fun. We will have to plan something great for your time with us.
    Love you both,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete