Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Fun In The Portland Fountains

Ira Keller Forecourt Fountain
Ira Keller Forecourt Fountain

Our Missionary Recommendation Forms are progressing forward.  Norma finished her physical examination early in the week and I was able to get an earlier appointment and finish mine last Friday.  I have some follow-ups next week, but otherwise it looks like the dental appointments will be the only things that are holding us up now.

Our main walk this week was downtown.  We had a couple of appointments so we walked around to see some of the wonderful fountains in Portland.  It has been many years since we had visited the Lovejoy Fountain and the Ira Keller Forecourt Fountain both of which were designed by Lawrence Halprin.  The other fountains on our stroll were installed during the past couple of years and were new to us.  We have also not taken the opportunity to walk around in downtown for many years.  We were impressed again as to the beauty of our city. 
Lovejoy Fountain

We have two large laurel hedges in front of the apartments.  They have grown so thick (fat) that it is almost impossible to reach from each side to the middle.  My goal is to reduce the thickness by one quarter before we leave again.  I have almost finished the smaller of the two, and hope to begin on the larger one.  I’m getting a good physical workout while doing it.

We gave our homecoming talks in the Milwaukie Ward today, and at a fifth Sunday presentation in the Alameda Ward.  The talks seemed to go well.  Norma always suffers from anxiety for weeks before she gives a talk or makes a presentation, so life is much better now.   
Lovejoy Fountain

Ira Keller Forecourt Fountain
Animals in the Fountain
Teachers Fountain
Teachers Fountain
Ira Keller Forecourt Fountain
I’ll close for now.

We love you all.

Norma and Gary.   
  

1 comment:

  1. I remember playing in a few of those as a child. They still look fun & refreshing.
    I am so glad you are home & I can talk to you face to face.
    Love always,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete